Realise your needs
The nature of your business and your budget will determine the choice of your office space. If you are starting out, it is advisable to do so at a small scale, to enable you to keep the overhead costs under control. You may have to compromise on the size or location of the space but that will stand you in good stead in the long run.
Contact real estate dealers
As the next step, you need to find the right person to get you the right office space. A visit to a real estate agency will be of great help. Nowadays many agents are operating online. Registering on their websites will give you access to a wide range of properties on rent. This will save you time and energy. Moreover, most of these sites have free registration options for a time period ranging from 1-3 months. That saves you valuable money, too.
Compare costs and amenities
After you have got access to the available properties, compare their rents and other facilities they have to offer. Your property should fulfill the following points:
- A suitable location is the first and foremost consideration. Suitability does not always point to the heart of the city. This place should have easy access, be near your client base and be able to provide you a good workforce. If your business is related to education, Bibvewadi and Dhankawadi neighbourhoods will be a good choice. Kharadi and Hadapsar are ideal IT locations.
- The floor space that you are getting for the rent is also to be considered. Choose an area that has more effective work space.
- You can opt for serviced office spaces rather than bare ones. This will save you the cost of decorating your office but these may come for a higher rent. Compare the two costs and choose the cheaper option.
- Your office should be well lighted and well ventilated to create a healthy and happy work environment.
- It should also have food stalls and provisions stores nearby for your daily requirements.
- There should be proper washrooms and clean drinking water.
- A good electricity supply and 24 hours power backup are absolute necessities.
Once you have chosen your location, it’s time to sign the contract. Read the terms and conditions of the contract very carefully and check for hidden costs before signing on the dotted lines. Don’t be in a hurry, take the help of a legal advisor if required. Also ensure that all the legal issues of the property are clear.
If you have been able to proceed methodically and considered all these factors, you should have no problems finding the right office space where your business will thrive.