My name is Spencer and I am the CMO of Zoostr. Originally from England, I am now working in Israel to help bring you Zoostr. Before Zoostr, I have been a small business owner for the past 6 years and also have 10 years of marketing for large and medium companies.
So, what about SMS marketing? We give you a great bulk sms sending tool inside Zoostr. To access it,just login to Zoostr and click on the big blue button that says SMS&Email.
Once you have logged in then you need to decide how you want to use it. Each business is different and you will have different needs but to get you started, here are some ideas on what to use SMS message for to grow your business:
1. Chase Payments! Zoostr enables you to track payments and add part payments etc. Once people are due to pay, send them a polite SMS to ask that they make payment asap as it is now due / over due
2. Product / ServiceSend a SMS message to say that the product or service they ordered is ready and will be delivered on XX date. It could also be that you want to send a mes. sage to confirm receipt of a purchase order
3. Business Card / Contact DetailsSend a message with all of your contact details - name, email, phone, website, Facebook page etc. Think of it as a SMS business card.
4. Holiday MessagesSend out a message to wish your existing customers and potential customers a happy holiday message. With Diwali just around the corner then its time to start thinking about what you want to send.
You might also send out a promotion i.e. 10% discount for Diwali.
5. PromotionsYou can send out a discount code for your website or tell people come to the shop today and get 10% off or buy our services in the next 48hrs by phone and we'll give 10% off... This is a good tactic if you need to get new business quickly.
You can also use the SMS tool to ask people to join your facebook page (don't forget to put the URL in it!) or direct people to your website.
6. EventsIf you put on events of any kind from educational classes to corporate events then you can use SMS to inform people of what time to be there and where to be. You can also alert to changes of time or venue or postponements.
7. ResearchFind out what your customers need and want. Ask them to choose between 3 possible product or service improvements or new items. This will help you grow your business in the right way.