You can bring together skilled human resource professionals to establish a recruitment firm or human resource consultancy to help small businesses choose the right people for the job. There are some associations in Mumbai which can help you be a part of this industry and can keep you updated about the latest happenings and policies in this field.
The HR Club
The HR Club is a network of HR professionals in the industry. Members of this network include HR heads, HR executives, HR trainees, HR managers, placement agency heads, independent entrepreneurs and admin executives. The advantages of being a member of this group are:
- Networking with HR professionals in the industry
- Experience sharing, learning and sharing of information
- Problems and Issues faced in HR development are discussed here
- Opportunities to attend offline meets
- Invitations to HR conferences
MTHR Global (More Than HR)
More Than HR Global is an organization founded in 2002 based in Mumbai. It is led by six young, dynamic human resource skilled professionals who have good and diverse experience and many innovative ideas for development of the HR field. The core objective of this organization is to impact the HR industry and expand the depth and enhance knowledge of human resource professionals. Future plans of MTHR include the following:
- Build and strengthen the HR community
- To strengthen and link the academia and HR industry professionals
- Disseminate the human resource development and management knowledge to the rural or semi-urban level individuals.
NHRD (National Human Resource Development)The National HRD Network is an association of professional individuals committed to promotion of human resource development. They also aim to enhance the capability of human resource professionals in this industry. The organization has 30 chapters and has a Mumbai chapter that you can be a part of.
Some of the key objectives of this organization include:
- Enhancing skills relevant to human resource development
- Disseminate knowledge and skills among human resource development professionals
- Develop and maintain standards of professional excellence
- Develop new knowledge and skills
- Build a strong and scientific storehouse of skills
- Strengthen human resource development movement in the country
What others would you add? Please let us know in the comments section below.